"How to improve Colton Mill Medical Centre"
About: Leeds PCT Leeds PCT Leeds LS16 6QG
Posted by Spiller433 (as ),
1. More privacy needed in the reception area, so that confidentiality is upheld.
2. Instruction given to the reception staff on correct telephone etiquette.
3. Receptionists not to give out medical information. I was given my cholesterol as being 'alright' when, in fact, this was not the present situation (the receptionist had read from last years report). As I needed the correct information to give to my heart specialist, I would not have received this had I not requested it from the nurse as well.
4. Appointment system - availability times could be posted on the internet for patient convenience.
5. Percentage league tables - to be published about who is the requested first choice doctor, and assess why.
6. One doctor in particular needs to address patient, not computer, when consultation takes place - suggest a course in people skills.
Clearly all above requires the Practice Manager to manage these thorny issues.