About: Bristol Royal Hospital For Children

My grand daughter was taken to this service Wednesday evening with a suspected broken arm. After an x-ray and two doctors opinion she was discharged and mum informed to administer pain relief and encourage movement. Two days later, on the Friday we received a call enquiring why we had not attended the fracture clinic due to the fractured arm. I am horrified my grand daughter was allowed to remain in severe pain and discomfort for 2 days, at times we suggesting she try to move it. Unbelievable service!

Response from Bristol Royal Hospital For Children

Thank you for posting a comment on NHS Choices - we value all of the feedback that people take the time to give us. We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at the Bristol Royal Hospital for Children Emergency Department. We would like to look into this issue further so that we can understand and learn from your experience. To enable us to do this we would be grateful if you could please contact our LIAISE service (0117 342 8065 or 0117 342 8158, or email bchinfo@UHBristol.nhs.uk). Thank you again for your feedback.