"Cancelled Hip Replacement."

As a self employed worker the costliest part of having a replacement hip is the time off work without any income so when I went to the Hospital for the consultation in September I requested an early december apointment so that the two week christmas break could form part of my recovery but even though I was promised a December appointment the hospital in their wisdom decided to program the operation for the 4th of January with absolutely no regards to my situation. This of course meant that I had to cancel the operation as they had only given me 4 weeks notice so that I could not arrange an alternative. As I have not got the funds to take extended time off it is unlikely I will be able to manage the operation until next year at which time i could not even consider using this hospital with their Scant disregard for the requirements of their patients. Discussing with the receptionist I got the impression that the surgeon who should have operated was never going to operate at their hospital in December so promises should never have been made.

Response from Euxton Hall Hospital

We are sorry to learn about your experience, we take such feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to discuss this with you in more detail. We would be very grateful if you could find the time to email rosie.caven@ramsayhealth.co.uk so we can discuss your comments.