"Hospital Feedback"

About: Basildon University Hospital

I attended accident and emergency as was sent there by my doctor who suspected a d.v.t. had about 30mins waiting, then saw triage. The promptly took blood and advised will have to wait three hours till results back. Not sure why so long as this can be checked in coagulant. dept. instantly. Then taken into emergency department and weighed, then and had to wait another hour till a nurse could give me an injection of blood thinning medication. Was advised need this daily and district nurse would visit and teach me to do them myself. Then was given a prescription and sent home. That was it, no nurse ever came and ended up back getting doctor to assist and teach me. Basildon hospital have never contacted me or followed up to see if am even alive. . . . .

Response from Basildon University Hospital

We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the care you received at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Your comments have been shared with the A&E department . Can we also encourage you to contact the Patient, Advice and Liaison Service on pals@btuh.nhs.uk or 01268 524900 ext 4441 should you wish to discuss these issues further.