"Fantastic & Professional A&"

About: John Radcliffe Hospital

I was taken to A&E by ambulance following an allergic reaction to something I had eaten at a dinner. I am sure I could not have received better care than that provided. The ambulance crew were friendly & reassuring. The staff in A&E & the MAU were excellent without exception. When it became apparent that I was having an anaphylactic reaction, they reacted with speed & efficiency. Although it was a very frightening experience, I felt totally safe, it was obvious that the doctor in charge had everything under control. He was friendly & professional, as were all the nursing staff. I was given clear information at all times, which my husband found very reassuring too. Before discharge the next morning, I was given clear advice on what to do if I should have a reoccurrence of the problem, including full training on how to use the Epipen I was provided with. I would like to pass on my thanks to all the staff who dealt with me, they are fantastic at what they do. In my opinion, the John Radcliffe has every right to be very proud of the care they provide in their A&E/MAU.

Response from John Radcliffe Hospital

Thank you very much for you response following your positive experience at the John Radcliffe Hospital. Our staff appreciate hearing from their patients, and we are pleased to hear that their support and advice will continue to assist you and your condition in the future. Your kind words will be passed on to the appropriate staff members.