"4 year old on a friday morning 5am"

About: The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

brought my boy to A and E at above time. Very quick pre examination, then told to wait in childs area. No details of expected wait, ( only on asleep drunk in the waiting room outside. After 1.5 hours and my boy thankfully perking up a little playing with toys I told them I was going. No update on waiting time, no apology, reception just went back to reading a book ! I feel sorry for the kids going into the room , my boy if they had bothered to examine had hand foot and mouth = infectious. Unfortunately for me I got it very badly, my son fortunately had a milder case.

Response from The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of the A&E service. We are sorry to learn that you had such a long wait when you attended the department earlier this year. Waiting times for patients presenting to A&E are closely monitored and we work hard to ensure that waiting times are kept to a minimum. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the A&E team. Kind regards, The PALS Team.