About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

I had problems 6 years ago with my bladder. I was told biopsies were required and instructed to use a catheter. Recurring bladder infections and septicemia happened in the intervening 6 years and still no biopsies or conclusions. I had never had a urology appointment in that time and was sent catheters on a regular basis without any follow up. June 2013 biopsies were taken and consultant wanted to see me in 6 weeks. Appointment was 3 months later. At that appointment Dr didnt appear to know what the problem was and said lots of people have the same and the good news was biopsies were not malignant. He couldnt give me any answers. I have continuous bladder infections and my GP continually prescibes antibiotics. One Dr said it was all down to my personal hygiene! Urology Dr said he would arrange appointment for 3 months time. It just isnt good enough. Since I saw him in September I have had another 3 courses of antibiotics.

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

We are sorry to hear that your experience of the Urology service has not been to the standards we would hope to uphold. If you wish your concerns to be looked into, please contact corporate.affairs@chsft.nhs.uk with further information and details.