"Thanks to Redwood 2 Staff"

About: Inpatient Mental Health Services; Redwood 2

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Posted on the request of a patient

'In the listening event held at Highbury Hospital on Dec 18th, a Senior Executive wasn’t very nice about the ward.

The little things that staff have done over Christmas and New Year like the presents and the food over Christmas have been excellent

‘people like to bring the negatives out but things like that, ‘made’ Christmas as not everyone is able to get home.

I think Redwood 2 is a lovely Ward and all the staff are lovely’

Response from Jo Horsley, Adult Mental Health Service Manager - Acute services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Janzq3,

I am so pleased you have had an enjoyable experience on Redwood 2, as you rightly say its the little things that make a difference and its clear from your comments that staff made a lot of effort to make your stay as pleasant as possible, especially over the Christmas period when being in hospital can be so distressing. I will make sure your kind words are shared with all the staff on the ward and their managers. I would also like the opportunity to talk to you in person to discuss the Highbury listening event in more detail. If you are still on the ward you can speak to any staff member who will contact me on your behalf and I will come to see you on the ward. If you now discharged please don't hesitate to contact me on 0115 9691300 ext 14112