"Not happy."

About: Queen Mary's Hospital

Physio excellent - could not fault. Nursing staff, in general, uncaring and unsympathetic. Hated leaving my mother alone with them. I really don't know why they are doing the job.

Response from Victoria Gregory, Patient Experience Manager, South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your posting. I am sorry I have not responded to sooner, I have only just become a responder on the site.

Many thanks

Victoria

Response from Queen Mary's Hospital

Dear Anonymous Thank you very much for your feedback and I am sorry for the lengthy delay in responding to you. We now have a new Patient Experience Team developing feedback mechanisms and we will be responding to all reviews in a timely manner as we want to act positively to make improvements to our services. I am the Patient Experience Manager and I am very grateful for you taking the time to feedback your experience. I was pleased to read that you found the physiotherapy “excellent” which is good news. However, I am concerned that you found the nursing staff unsympathetic as this does not meet the expectations and standards of our staff. Your experience must have been upsetting and I am sorry for any anxiety or distress that we may have caused you or your mother. So that I can take forward this feedback to the people concerned, I would be grateful if you would please contact me on complaintsmanager@swlstg-tr.nhs.uk or 020 3513 5520 with your details of the hospital site and ward/team so that they can reflect on how they came across to you and you and the manager can implement change. Don’t worry if you wish to remain anonymous but the team details would really help us. Many thanks