"Pain management clinic"

About: St Michael's Hospital (Bristol)

I attempted to attend the pain clinic in st michaels hospital my appointment was 10 am on arriving to the hospital the fire alarm went off and all members of the public were refused entry , after waist to be allowed in this meant I was late for appointment the clinic refused to see me saying it's not there problem regarding the fire alarm, and if they seen me it would delay others, " outrageous " after waiting 6 months for the appointment, this was not my fault, I even rang the clinic to say I would be late and they said no problem so now, I am with out correct pain control that my gp can't sort out, so did that mean they were going to send every one home because it would have meant there would have been others late, and must point out there was no one waiting in the clinic and the consultant was sat at the desk drinking tea, great .........

Response from St Michael's Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry that you had this experience at the pain clinic. We have shared this with the team at the clinic in order to ensure that they can learn from this and better manage a similar situation if it occurs again in the future.