"Lack of empathy/information"

About: Liverpool Womens Hospital / Gynaecology

Had a total hysterectomy in December 2013. I had to have this op because of a cancerous mass on my left ovary. Staff were not very empathic to people. openly sat at nurses station gossiping about christmas and ignoring alarm when I pressed I for a woman next to me.

Never had my bed changed or made once on my return from theatre. Was feeling very depressed turns out the medication I was supposed to have nightly was not given yet was marked down as being given Only discovered this when I asked for one of my tablets and none had gone from the pack. They do not have access to my these meds as its a womens hospital was furious and begged to go home.

I feel sorry for patients with special/religous dietary needs as a vegetarian there were no real options.

Horrendous experience overall had nightmares since I got home.

Will be making a formal complaint when I'm properly mobile! ! ! ! !

Response from Anne Bridson, Corporate Matron for Patient Experience, Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your posting. I am very grateful to you for taking the time to feed back your experience.

I am disappointed that some of the staff were not empathetic and that you did not receive the correct medication. The Trust expects all staff in act in a caring and professional manner at all times. I will ensure that your comments are fed back.

Please do not hesitate to contact me when you want to discuss this further. My email is anne.bridson@lwh.nhs.uk

Anne