"Breath of Fresh Air"

I attended the Urology Department at Richardson Hospital for my first health care check since moving from Devon. On my arrival I was greeted by the team member at reception with a happy smile, she made me feel very welcome. I then met another member of staff who had great customer skills, was happy & smiley & again made me feel welcome. To cap my visit, I spoke with the consultant, who was polite & welcoming too. It was when the consultant said, "We are here to take care of you, now you have moved from Devon" I felt relieved and in good hands. They explained fully what was to happen & also listened to my comments. I cannot thank the team enough for making my first visit a great experience. I would like to add that the hospital appeared very clean & I enjoyed sitting out in the sunshine in the inner square garden prior to my appointment. Strongly recommended.

Response from New Richardson Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to the Urology department at the Richardson hospital. I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the Urology department. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774