"Outpatient Appointment Dept."

About: Lister Hospital

I made a few attempts to get through to the Appointments Dept., being 27th in the queue twice I gave up. I tried again I was 15th in the queue & waited. The member of staff I spoke with was unhelpful & indifferent. My time waiting to speak with her was wasted. I originally made an appointment online clearly stating the week I was on holiday in Sept. I was sent an appointment during the week of my holiday! The NHS choices staff informed me the hospital had other appointments but the Appointments dept. said they could not release them without another letter from my GP. I have now been issued a new appointment in Oct. and that date I am away on business. The aim of the 2nd GP letter was to secure an earlier appointment, not a later one. I am astounded at the system and staff not taking note of my concerns. (I had to tick all of the above questions; these are not relevant as I have not been seen yet)

Response from Lister Hospital

We're sorry that you've had these difficulties - if you email us on generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net, we'll make sure that all of these matters get looked in to asap.