"My stay on Forest Ward"

About: Lings Bar Hospital

I have just left Forest Ward at Lings Bar after 7weeks. I feel I must recount the fantastic way the staff on the ward have carried out their work inspite of being short-staffed. They were always kind and caring no matter what manual jobs they undertook and there were many. Granted one has to learn patience but this was no fault of theirs as there were many other patients to look after. I am glad to be back in my home but I am still sorry to leave the care and company of the nursing staff I got to know so well. I am a war veteran now aged 90 but I will remember them, both male and female for getting me back on the road to recovery. The Ward Manager, Sisters, nurses, healthworkers etc and includes the white coated angels (physios) who performed miracles - Fantastic girls! I thank you so much, it was a privilege to know you all.

Response from Claire Smith, Head of Inpatient Nursing Care, Lings Bar Hospital, Health Partnerships

Thank you so much for your posting, we have had a techinical issue which has caused a delay in the reponse- for which we apologise.

I am delighted that the care you received on Forest ward was of such a high standard.

Nursing and therapy staff try very hard to make patients as comforatble as possible, whilst encouraging independence in order for patients to return home.

Staff take pride in the work they do, and will be pleased the care you received met your expectations.

I will pass your comments onto the ward team.

Thank you.