"Was a inpatient"

About: Springfield University Hospital

I was a in-patient for 3 nights, the room i was given upon arrival was ok but not 100% clean, the staff were friendly and supportive with me, on some occasions the staff were in the office with the door locked so they can talk, i wanted to discharge my self but they were not allowing it so they sectioned me for 12 hrs. The one time i was extremely upset was when they came around to check on you in your room, i was lying on the floor as i had a seizure but because i was breathing they didnt think anything of it and just left me. Overall it wasa OK stay but i prefere queen Mary's in Rohampton.

Response from Victoria Gregory, Patient Experience Manager, South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your posting. I am sorry I have not responded to sooner, I have only just become a responder on the site.

I would be grateful you would please contact me on complaintsmananger@swlstg-tr.nhs.uk or 020 3513 5520 with details of your name, date when it happened the ward you were on. If I know this I can all also check on the point you made about cleanliness.

Many thanks

Victoria

Response from Springfield University Hospital

Thank you very much for your feedback and I am sorry for the lengthy delay in responding to you. We now have a new Patient Experience Team developing feedback mechanisms and we will be responding to all reviews in a timely manner as we want to act positively to make improvements to our services. I am the Patient Experience Manager and I am very grateful for you taking the time to feedback your experience. I was pleased to read that you found the staff friendly and supportive. However I was very concerned to read that you were not attended to when you had a seizure. I am so sorry you had this experience which I really need to address with the team concerned. I would be grateful you would please contact me on complaintsmananger@swlstg-tr.nhs.uk or 020 3513 5520 with details of your name, date when it happened the ward you were on. If I know this I can all also check on the point you made about cleanliness