"Shocking bedside manners of some consultants and..."

About: Leicester General Hospital

Was on ward 26 as an emergency, nurses were fabulous caring and very helpful, consultants acted like they were "gods" and some doctors need training in bedside manners. Have never been treated in this way before, am I feeling my first taste of the NHS crisis? They were so rude to other patients as well infact one lady there "blocked one consultant treating her husband as the other patients told her how awful he was to her husband when she wasnt there. An absolute disgrace. Lots of patients send home only to be readmitted the next day, what a waste of resources. Certainly opened my eyes as I have now experienced first hand how callous parts of the nhs can be. Am dreading going back there. But I have to say the nurses were wonderful to me, thank goodness..

Response from Leicester General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are glad to hear that the nurses you encounted during your stay were caring and compassionate. We are however really disappointed to hear about the other things you witnessed on the ward. We would like to be able to investigate this in more detail. Could you please get in touch with our patient information and liaison team. PILS pils.complaints.compliements@uhl-tr.nhs.uk 08081 788 337