"Aamzing care from A&E staff"

About: Southampton General Hospital

I was amitted into A&E on saturday 21st off December with a suspected ectopic pregnancy. All off the staff were amazing and really made you feel looked after,I was seen very quickly and admitted into resus. The staff were sympathetic to the reason i was admitted , treating my husband and i with the privacy we needed.There care was above and beyond,making us feel at ease. They arranged for a doctor to look after me and promtly arranged for a transfer to the PAH after they had managed my pain. The whole team kepy checking we were ok and wished us all the best,Even the triage Nurse checked on me before we left the department. People moan about having to wait,but the A&E is there for emergencies and accidents.If you are an Emergency patient you are looked after and given the best care. Please think before you attend and ask if you could use your GP/walk in centre or local chemist.I used the NHS direct service who asked me to attend A&E,in this case it saved my life as i had an ectopic pregnancy that had begun ti rupture. Appreciate all those of work at the General who do such an amazing job!

Response from Southampton General Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such positive feedback about your experience in the Emergency Department and at the Princess Anne Hospital. We were pleased to read that you were so appreciative of the care you received though are sorry that you suffered an ectopic pregnancy. We all hope that you are making a good recovery. We will ensure that your feedback is shared with the teams involved.