"Gastro unit"

About: Bradford Royal Infirmary

I have had several admissions to BRI and attended various day care appointments. Most recently I attended the gastro unit where I had a colonoscopy performed, the staff were all very professional and supportive when I was undergoing this less than pleasant procedure. I was dissatisfied that I was under the care of a consultant who was not present on the day of my procedure. My follow up appointment was a complete waste of time as the registrar had clearly not read my notes, my colonoscopy report was not available and the biopsy results were not on the system and they did not know why but informed me they would contact me with them at a later date, I'm still waiting!

Response from Bradford Royal Infirmary

Thank you for these comments and for acknowledging that you found the staff professional and supportive in the gastro unit. We are however sorry that this positive experience was limited to only one element of your care. We recognise that your experience was less than satisfactory and would encourage you to contact our confidential Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01274 364021 who would be happy to support you further. Your comments have been shared with the gastro unit.