"Difficult to find much."
About: Pinderfields General Hospital Pinderfields General Hospital Wakefield WF1 4DG
Posted by Clive (as ),
What I liked
Difficult to find much.
What could be improved
1. Confidentiality - having open Wards where Doctors talk to you about your personal illness in front of other Patients is not acceptable under any conditions.
2. Communication - sitting on a Ward with no one telling you what is happening for hours on end is very stressful.
3. Not knowing who is supposed to be in charge of your care on the Wards - no "named nurse" is unacceptable.
4. Nurses talking loudly all night as if working on a day shift (i.e. calling to each other from one end of the Ward to the other).
5. Being prepared for operation - no pants? There are disposable net pants available which would allow people some sense of dignity - having an open backed surgical gown is frankly appalling!
6. Repeatedly cancelling operations is a terrible tress for the person subjected to this - leaving them Nil By Mouth from 2am until 4pm - watching and smelling food and drink being consumed all day until someone finally tells you its been cancelled is beyond a joke! Then do the same the next day is unforgiveable.
7. How anyone can see the above happening as acceptable is beyond me!
8. I work for the NHS - in Mental Health - I would never have believed this sort of care was deemed acceptable in any Health Setting!
Sorry I am shocked at the care given and at having to say to this!