"Fracture Clinic Useless"

About: Maidstone District General Hospital

I went into A&E, with what I believed to be a broken bone. A&E was very helpful and listened and understood how I felt and then sent me off to X-RAY and was quickly back in the room to be told that it was as I thought and was broken, showing me the images of the break. They put on a temporary bandage and was sent to fracture clinic on a later date to get something more protective and holds firm so it can repair. When I was speaking to the doctor "Im not sure that your bone is broken" was what they said and just put a plaster on it. I told them that I was not satisfied and that I'm very clumsy and need something that will keep it safe and I knew that it was broken and told them that its clearer on the other X-RAY but you could still see it. I was sent on my way back home feeling like I was not important and wasn't given the right care.

Response from Maidstone District General Hospital

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to you. We are sorry to hear of your poor experience, following attendance at our Fracture Clinic. Please could you contact the PALS Team at mtwpals@nhs.net or telephone us on 01622 224960, to discuss your concerns further and enable us to look into this on your behalf. We look forward to hearing from you again. Kind regards. The PALS Team (TK)