"Pleasantly surprised"

About: Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

I would like to thank Staff Nurse, Nurse and the Doctor for the wonderful care and treatment given to my elderly Mother in A & E on Boxing night. She has dementia and cannot always make herself understood but, despite this she was listened to and involved with all aspects of her treatment. She was not patronised or talked down to or spoken to as if she was a child. When out of her comfort zone she can become aggressive but, again this was accepted and dealt with. The department was very clean and tidy and the hot drinks trolley serviced was extremely welcome at 2 am. Thank you also to the receptionist who very kindly organised a taxi to take me home. All in all a very positive experience and I would not hesitate to choose this hospital in the future.

Response from Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We strive to treat our patients in a professional, caring way and to be polite and courteous at all times. We are pleased to hear that your mother was treated as you would have expected, regardless of her illness and that all the nursing team and Doctor treated your Mother with dignity and respect. The support provided by the Reception staff, HCAs and domestics all has a part to play in providing a good experience for our patients.