About: William Harvey Hospital

My husband was admitted to the CDU on New Year's Eve, suffering from an infection contracted whilst white cell count down due to chemotherapy. His condition became very serious initially but the amazing promptness of reactions, skill and care of the nursing staff made a huge difference. The ward sister and her team, and the doctors involved, were kindness itself. I particularly appreciated the understanding shown to me by the ward sister...a very busy lady, but she still took time to speak to me and to reassure me when I was finding the situation tough. Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback, I will ensure the CDU team see how much you appreciated the care they provided. We are very proud of all of our staff, and I agree our ward sister on CDU is amazing - she leads her team really well. It is good to know we were able to reassure you, must have been a stressful time for you both. I do hope your husband is recovering well from the infection, best wishes for 2014.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

We would like to thank you for your positive comments and support. This will be fed back to all the staff on the CDU so that they are aware of your comments. The Trust welcomes all feedback and recognizes that positive feedback is a powerful learning tool for all staff.