"They don't care at all"

About: Stafford Hospital

My Dad was admitted last night. He has special needs so we told the nurse. She was rude and dismissive. He is on AMU and we are now trying to contact him. The phone number on the web goes to a GP who has twice just put the phone down on us. We have finally found the number for the right ward and they don't answer the phone. I can understand why they are closing the place down with the attitude the staff have there but before they do the staff should realize they are still dealing with human beings. Absolutely terrible behavior. If I have any choice in the future myself and my relatives will be off to walsall . ps your website is rubbish as well as it doesn't list AMU in the list of wards to comment on !!!

Response from Head of Patient Experience, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Dave T

Kind Regards

Angela Grocott

Head of Patient Experience.

Response from Stafford Hospital

I am so sorry to hear that you have had such an awful experience of our hospital. Rude and dismissive behaviour of our staff will not be tolerated and I would like the opportunity to discuss your experiences more fully and to apologise in person. I would appreciate it if you would be willing to contact me directly on 01785 887693 or the Patient Advice Centre staff on our freephone number 08000721646. We really try hard to improve our services based on the comments we receive from our patients and their relatives and I have shared your comments about our website with our communications team for their action. Kind Regards Angela Grocott Head of Patient Experience.