"ICU department"

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

I & I'm sure my family would like to praise the doctors & nurses of the ICU department at the QEII. My grandfather was admitted on Boxing Day & being given fantastic care firstly in the A&E department, he was then moved to ICU where we were all treated with empathy & respect by the team, keeping us informed at all times of my grandfathers condition. The care & attention the nurses gave my grandad went above & beyond & they were very tolerant of our big family being ever present. As my grandad deteriorated they were even more brilliant. Today when my grandad sadly passed away, one of the few consolations was that his final days consisted of his family & his dignity being upheld by a team of people who could not be more caring, professional & also sympathetic to a family. Our gratitude can't really be described, a thank you doesn't quite seem enough. The Mitham family.

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

We're so sorry to learn of your grandfather's death, but touched equally by the high esteem in which you and your family held those who cared for him whilst at the QEII during his final days. They will say, of course, that this is the level of high quality care they provide for all patients, but we know nonetheless they will still be delighted to read your kind words, which are making their way to them right now. At what is a very sad time for you all, please accept our thanks for taking the time to provide us with such lovely feedback for our staff - it is very much appreciated.