"NHS at its best at Buckland"

About: Buckland Hospital

Being an NHS Professional myself, I have very high standards when it comes to patient care. I required this service for myself one weekend, when I developed an ear infection. I was promptly seen and assessed by the Nurse Manager, and provided with the most suitable treatment (I was offerred a choice of medication.) I left feeling listened too, valued and respected. We are so very quick to criticise and complain about the NHS, but reluctant (or forget) to give compliments. So this is my chance to say a huge thank you to all the staff at Buckland Minor Injuries Unit.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to leave this feedback. I am so pleased to hear that the care you received was of a high standard. We are always very pleased and proud of our staff when they deliver personalised care of a high standard. I shall certainly make sure the staff at Buckland receive your posting. Many thanks and may I wish you a very Happy New Year and hope that you continue to recover well.

Response from Buckland Hospital

We are pleased that you had such a positive experience when you attended the minor injuries unit. Your comments will be recorded and fed back to the staff on the unit. Positive feedback is an important tool to improve services as we can learn from the comments provided and we would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments.