"Pain Management Course"

About: New Cross Hospital / Gastroenterology

I have been attending outpatient clinic for support in dealing with pain control, I have received injections into my tummy. Following the injections, I became unwell...some months later I was diagnosed with a Klepsy Infection in the same area of my tummy! My pain Dr was now reluctant to offer me any more treatment, apart from the advise on how to control my pain meds...however, he did advise that he wanted me to attend a pain management course. I was happy with this, as I know that have to learn to live with my pain & how to overcome the dark days that come with it. I expected this to be a long wait, but certainly not one that would take almost a year and still waiting.

I know that there is a great demand for this service, I was told there would be a wait.....but not this long surely.

This is treatment that will benefit my physical health, my emotional wellbeing and lift the burden on the state paying for the mass of medication I use daily. Why isn't this subject to the normal waiting list times.....not just wait and see time....?

Response from Jamie Emery, Patient Experience Lead, The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Elsa

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your patient experience.

Kindest regards

Response from New Cross Hospital

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your patient experience. To enable me to look further into your comments, I would be grateful if you can contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362 to discuss this further. Kindest regards Jamie Emery Patient Experience Lead