"My Knees"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I would like to tell you how my knees used to fly like an eagle down the left wing at Selhurst Park. Twisting and turning, step over after step over leaving defenders hapless and red faced. Rushing towards the corner flag when like a bolt of lightening the left knee crossed the ball at high speed to the head of the center forward who converted by bursting the net. Alas I cant tell you that at all, in truth it has been 29 years as a locksmith working on my knees slowly wearing them out, but now things are looking good again as I am being given first class treatment and TLC from East Surrey Hospital. My knees are smiling again and they still dream of rushing down that left wing at Selhurst Park. Go to ESH. Love the NHS. Thank you x

Dear Corporal Custard

Even as a West Ham fan (yes I know...) I can appreciate that your desire to fly like an Eagle for Crystal Palace depends on having good knees, so it's very good to read that we are helping to maintain the dream.

But being serious your story epitomises one of the main things about the NHS - it's for everyone regardless of need - you don't have to be a great athlete to merit treatment as we are here for everyone.

Best wishes and I will pass on your comments to the team.