"With thanks"

About: The New Selby War Memorial Hospital

I attended the minor injuries department on 27/12/13 in the afternoon and was assessed x rayed and treated within an hour. I was impressed with the team work demonstrated by the staff and their efficiency. The whole process from being registered to treated appeared very steam lined and all staff evidenced good communication skills. The Nurse Practitioner who attended to me had a very kind caring reassuring approach, and her knowledge and skills very evident and she was thoroughly professional. The experience was reassuringly different from recent media reports of NHS facilities struggling to meant the demands of patient needs in A/E departments and negative CQC inspection reports. As a nurse of 30 years experience I have seen and experienced many changes whilst working in the NHS and have been concerned by some of the recent media reports. However I feel there is more hope for continued excellence in care within the NHS through such initiatives as minor injuries units and Selby War Memorial hospital is a flagship to demonstrate a centre of excellence.

Response from The New Selby War Memorial Hospital

Thank you very much for your posting. Your comments have been passed to the teams concerned. We are pleased that your visit to us was very positive; our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients.