About: Lister Hospital

As a visitor to the hospital to see my elderly relative on the stroke ward, I was appalled to see that the nurses didnt speak englisgh on the ward and were constantly talking in their own languge loudly , not only to each other but in front of patients too. When I complained to the nurse she was abrupt with me and told me not to be so sensitive. my father said that at night time it was worse and no one was ever around to answer the bell. when he was eventually seen he was told he wasnt thee only patient on the ward and that the nurses needed to sleep too. This is appalling behaviour from staff and should be addressed immediately. I have informed the CQC of this. would never use this hospital again.

Response from Lister Hospital

Your feedback is very important as where we have staff whose first language is not English, they are required only to use the latter when on duty. We need to follow up your concerns as a matter of urgency and would ask that you contact us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net so that we can get further details to help identify the staff involved so that they can be spoken to as soon as possible.