"hip/knee replacement"

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

Had knee surgery there nearly two years ago knee still tight and heavy, then followed by hip replacement this year, which is sore, but I have been discharged by the consultant eventhough on reading further information I should see him after another six months for my hip and then after five years which I am not happy about.

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust We have made a change

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am so sorry to hear about your discomfort and that our care has not offered you what you hoped for. Two major operations is a lot to cope with - I'm sorry that you are left feeling concerned that you have been discharged too soon.

It's not how we want any of our patients to feel and I'd like to try and help if I can.

If you would like to get in touch with me privately by email to provide some of your details and the name of the surgeon you saw, I will happily arrange for a second opinion with a different surgeon. My email is annie.laverty@nhct.nhs.uk

Thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns and give us the opportunity to respond.

With all best wishes for the year ahead,