"High standards from Nurses and Doctors"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

I was very fortunate to have an operation at this hospital in July 2013. The high standard of care from nurses and doctors was very humbling. I was very well looked after and all procedures were fully explained to me. I suffered no pain whatsoever as nurses attended to my every need. Food was not very good but as I was only in for a few days it didn't matter too much. I was in Burchington ward and would like to add I was very happy with all that happened at my time there. I am now fully recovered and have the professionalism of all concerned at this hospital to thank for that.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to leave this feedback. We are always pleased when our nurses and doctors give such high standards of care and I will ensure Birchington Ward staff receive sight of your posting.

I am sorry to hear that the food was not so good for you, but just to let you know we are working with our catering staff to see what improvements we can make across all of our hospitals. We monitor this through our nutrition meetings.

I am glad to hear that you are now fully recovered and wish you a very Happy New Year.