"Care and attention given to me when admitted via..."

About: York Hospital

The care, attention and respect given to me throughout my stay at York hospital was exemplary. I was admitted via A&E with horrendous stomach pain which turned out to be Diverticulitis and a perforated bowel. I owe my life to my surgeon who operated on me several times over 6 days. I was in ICU throughout this time and the care can only be described as total dedication by all concerned. I was then moved to Ward 16 where I continued to recover for a further 2 weeks and was overwhelmed by the care and dignity given to me by all the staff despite this being a very busy ward. They certainly pulled me through a very difficult time and helped me regain my strength until I could return home. Also, I really must comment on the food that I was served whilst in York Hospital which I thought was excellent and I am sure they deserve praise for doing a fantastic job. I have no problem recommending this hospital to anyone.

Response from York Hospital

Thank you very much for your posting. Your comments have been passed to the teams concerned. We are pleased that your visit to us was very positive; our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients.