"respiratory care"

About: Northern General Hospital

I was admitted to mau ward on 17.12 13 with breathing difficulties. from the start,my treatment couldn't have been better. after assessment, I was moved to Huntsman 5, where I received the same level of care Nursing staff, cleaners,and service people were all lovely.Meals were piping hot and pleasantly very nice, well done. I know it.s the NHS but it would be nice if the toilets on the ward could have automatic air fresheners as the door opens as many patients are on drugs that do tend to make you smell a little!! Also,I never once saw the machine that is used to take our obs, wiped or cleaned, and we all put our fingers in one after the other. My last comment is the worst, 6 hour wait for tablets after I was told I could go home. It was 10.30 at night when I finally left and they still were not available, I had to go back the next morning to get them. Really bad problem at Pharmacy. needs sorting

Response from Northern General Hospital

Dear Chesty Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Northern General Hospital. I will ensure that the staff involved are informed about your kind words. If you would like us to look further into the areas of concern you have regarding infection control and delays in discharge, please contact our Patient Services Team on 0114 271 2400 or pst@sth.nhs.uk and they will take more details.

Response from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Chesty