"Fabulous staff culture ! Great hospital"

About: Wythenshawe Hospital

Had a tonsillectomy with one night stay on ward A2. The whole process from admissions lounge to theatres to recovery then to ward were run really efficiently. There were lots of other patients at all points but I was made aware of any waits I may have (even though the waits were very short). Wythenshawe hospital has a tag line 'the south manchester way' on their posters and I really think this positive attitude of staff shines through in all the departments I have been to including outpatients. There seems to be a real culture of positivity with the staff that I haven't seen at the any other hospitals I have been at. Special thanks go to the nursing team on A2 who looked after me,the doctors and theatre staff and the pre-op nursing team who couldn't have done more for me! I genuinely felt that i was being looked after at standards above what I would expect from a private hospital! Thanks !

Response from Wythenshawe Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the NHS Choices website. We are pleased that your experience of this hospital was a positive one and that you found the care you received of a high standard. Your comments will be passed to the department and ward concerned and shared with the relevant staff who are always grateful when a patient takes the trouble to document their appreciation.