"Unacceptably slow service"

About: Buckland Hospital Kent & Canterbury Hospital / Accident and emergency Kent & Canterbury Hospital / X-ray and Scans

My parents went to Buckland Hospital MIU at approx 11am, initially to see if the Xray dept was open on the off chance they could be seen as my father had a fall.

Even though I phoned Canterbury Hospital in advance, asking if the Xray dept was open, the response was categorically no - not at weekends. This is not true as they hedged their bets.

They were promptly seen, X-rayed and referred across to Canterbury as he had been unconscious and needed to been signed off by a consultant. Notes would be sent across electronically so it should not be tool long a wait.

Arriving there around 1pm they are still there, awaiting some antibiotics. 10 hours and counting... disgraceful.

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry about the experience your parents had, this falls very short of the service normally provided by both the Buckland service and the service provided in Canterbury.

Please do email me and I will ensure that we understand what the delays were for you so we can capture the learning. My email address is Julie.pearce1@nhs.net

I hope your father is recovering well from the fall.