"Care in Accident and Emergency"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency

I went to Reigate Accident and Emergency with a suspected chest infection in December. I would like to thank the doctor, nurses and tea lady Patricia for the treatment I received. It was first class.

The only negative was the very dry ham sandwich with extremely salty ham. It was in fact not edible.

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Florist

Lovely to hear about your 'first class' care in our Emergency Department and I will make sure your kind comments are passed onto the staff.

But I am sorry you didn't like the sandwich and will give the catering department your feedback.

kind regards

Dear Florist

I have spoken to our Deputy Food and Beverage Manager about you comment. The sandwiches are pre-packed but should be low in salt, following Trust guidelines.

If you can let me know the date you were here we can try and find the food details and check the salt content on the packaging. My details are tasha.gardner@sash.nhs.uk

many thanks