"Dissapointing"

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital

The nurse i saw for my left wrist injury had not heard of my condition and proceeded to tell me that had i subluxed my wrist, as i believed i had, (i have had this injury many times before in both wrists due to my underlying condition) i would not be able to move it. Despite me telling her i have a constant sublux going on in the other wrist (right) and i can still move it although it is slightly restricted and that the left wrist was similar she still refused an xray and just supplied me with a splint. She said nothing of the sharp stabbing pains in my wrist and just said it was the tendons. So apart from supplying me with a splint i am still in pain, still feel like its subluxed and feel like she didn't want to listen and didn't have time to bother too much with me. This is very frustrating as I have been dealing with this condition for years and most of my symptoms i don't bother the NHS with as they cant help, but on this occasion, when i felt i needed help to prevent further injury and damage its like they didn't want to know. On my last visit for a similar injury, i had a different nurse who was very thorough and took the time to listen and take on board the extra complications my condition creates. Its such a shame that the care is not consistent across the whole staff

Thank you for providing us with feedback and I am sorry to read about your experience. Please do email me and I will arrange for you to see a member of staff in ECC to see if we can help to relieve your symptoms.

I will share your feedback with staff and I am sure that will discuss the issues raised especially around consistency of approach. The team are very open to learning and really value feedback to support improvement.

Please do email me if you would like further help with your wrist. My email address is Julie.pearce1@nhs.net