"waiting time"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

Arrived on time for a minor daycase op.on eye.was told at least 3 hours before. would be seen. Was told there were 6 others waiting before me.case of overbooking again which I have experienced with this hospital before.seems to be a bad management and distressing for patients.why do they do it. They say the doctors time is valuable so is mine. And of those who help me and are kind enough to accompany me being infirm. Seems stepping hill is incapable of good organisation skills.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

I am very sorry to hear of the delays you experenced and I have shared your comments with the relevent managment team so they can look a the issues and hopefully reduce delays.

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not been responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams for them to reflect and learn from your experience so that improvements could be made in the services we offer.

Patient and Customer Services Manager