"Much improved service"

About: East Surrey Hospital

After attending a&e on a number of occasions recently I am pleased to see how much the department has improved and how much more effective the new admission process is if you come in via ambulance! After spending many years in and out of the department I would like to spend some time complimenting the department. And give my gratitude to the staff for dealing with me, as I know at times I can be a difficult patient. I would also like to extend my views on AMU, which is a fantastic unit and is effectively run by a committed team. It's always clean the staff are friendly. And all staff have compassion especially when it comes to dealing with patients with mental health difficulties, to which who they never judge and are very understanding of every patients each individual need. Once again I would like to thank the staff from a&e and AMU for their fantastic treatment of myself.

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Anonymous Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback - its great to hear how pleased you were with the treament in boht A&E and AMU and I will make sure you kind words are passed on to the staff in both departments. kind regards Tasha

Response from Ben Mearns, Chief of Medicine, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

You comments mean the world to us and it so kind of you to write to let us know.

We know that we do not always get it right, but we aim to provide the best care that we can for each of our patients and to make each feel that our priority is their health and their mental health. We believe that our job is not only to make patients better but to also make patients feel better. The last thing you need when you are in crisis is to have an unsympathetic doctor or nurse. I'm very proud of the team and will pass this on to them.

Any suggestions on how we could improve would be most welcome.

Best wishes