"Ongoing ear problem, emergency and general..."

About: Queen's Medical Centre

I have visited this unit several times over the past four months with an ongoing ear problem. Each time I have had an appointment I have been seen on time. The one time my appointment was changed my consultant arranged to see me at a time that suited me, and at the appointment I was given the reason for the change of appointment and a genuine apology. Through-out any treatment, referral, tests, and information giving appointments I have been treated with the utmost respect and spoken to as an individual - I have commented that this is the best department in QMC, and one that could be the bench mark for the hospital - and believe me I know this hospital very well. I have found that the attitude of the reception staff, nurses, Drs and other staff to be very pleasant and professional at all times. I am very grateful that the department have met and, at times, exceeded my expectations of care as I have had a difficult time with ear infections and have also been seen as an emergency case as well as with routine appointments. I must comment that two of the doctors have been exceptional, I can't praise them highly enough. If I was a general nurse I would work in this department. Thank you to all the department for their continued support and exceptional care. This department is a glowing example of how NHS should execute dignity and care for patients. Moira Delaney-Banach

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Moira

Wishing you a merry Christmas and happy new year.

Response from Queen's Medical Centre

Dear Moira Thanks for your wonderful feedback. I know colleagues will be delighted to read this and will feel appreciated for the work they do, knowing the difference it makes to patients. Perhaps if you could let us have the names of the two doctors who stood out to you and provided 'exceptional' care, we can let these colleagues know directly. We look forward to hearing from you. If you would prefer to contact us by phone to provide this information, please do so by calling 0115 9249924 x70411. Wishing you a merry Christmas and happy new year.