"The staff at PRH were excellent"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital / Cardiology

My first visit to Dr Leaver was in November - he said he wanted the treadmill test. I visited again a week later, he asked if I had heard from the hospital - I said no. The letter arrived late November, I then received a phone call offering my appointment at PRH in December. I accepted a letter confirming. At no time I was offered an alternative hospital. The appointment suited me. The staff at PRH were excellent. I was called in on time and the care given was good.

What has intrigued me about this episode is why it needs another level of paperwork/clerks to process a request from a GP for a patient to receive investigative treatment in the local hospitals.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Dear Tray788 Thanks so much for sharing your experience of your booking and appointment. We are responding on behalf of the Princess Royal Hospital and we are really pleased to hear that you found the staff at the Hospital for your cardiology appointment to be excellent, that you were called on time and that the care was good. I am sure that the TRAQS service operated on behalf of local GPs will respond to the issues that you have raised about the booking process.

Response from Sharon Clennell, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG – TRAQS Operations Manager, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Dear Tray788,

Many thanks for your feedback, Im pleased that in general your experience has been positive in that you have been seen by the hospital of your choice.

With regards to your second paragrah, TRAQS was setup in agreement with all local GPs and 22 GP Practices. We provide all Telford and Wrekin patients with assistance of booking their appointment, tracking their referral, ensuring that the hospitalhas all the relevant information from your GP's to treat you. If your GP specified a particular hospital in his referral letter, then you would not be given a choice of other hospitals. GP's when making a decision on a particualr choice of hospital should in the first instance discuss this with their patient.

We act on information from your GP but also at the same time make sure you are seen and treated in the same place.

Im pleased that you ave now been seen and hopefully on the mend.