"On 10th August 2007 I came to ..."

About: Macclesfield District General Hospital

On 10th August 2007 I came to Macc suffering from a heart attack. I was very scared but the staff there cared for me excellently. The next day I was taken for angioplasty to Wythenshawe and had a stent fitted and was brought back to Macclesfield. I could not have had better treatment and help from everyone who works there especially those in the CCU. A year on, once again THANK YOU x

Staff wise everything was just right. Surprisingly the meals were good as well. Far better than Warrington or Runcorn. The television and lighting at my bed was faulty. It needed a bit more maintenance. When I pointed these faults out I was moved to an area with everything working ok.

Response from Macclesfield District General Hospital

We are very pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience at Macclesfield Hospital. Our Trust aims to consistently provide excellent care and helpful customer service. We are glad that we were successful in making your treatment at Macclesfield as comfortable as possible. Your feedback will be passed on to the staff on the CCU.

We are sorry to hear that the television and lighting were faulty at the time you stayed with us; however we are pleased to hear that the problem was resolved to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your kind comments about our food. Our Trust is consistently amongst the top 20% of Trusts in England for hospital meals according to National Inpatient Surveys. The Macclesfield District General Hospital catering department has recently been awarded second place in a national unannounced food hygiene inspection carried out by ISS Mediclean. The Catering Department achieved an overall score of 97% for patient meal production, restaurant food and ward kitchens.