"I wish I could give "no stars""

About: Royal Free Hospital

I had a biopsy procedure following a discovery of a shadow on my lung. Many hospitals give biopsy result in 2 to 4 days. Tomorrow it will be two weeks without being told the results despite repeated calls to The Royal Free and promises someone will call back I have heard nothing . This is causing myself and my family extreme distress for obvious reasons and I have to assume that it will be the new year before I get any contact. I am horrified that there appears to be little consideration for me as a patient.

Response from Royal Free Hospital

This is clearly a very worrying situation for you and I'm sorry you haven't had your results. If you contact our PALS team, they should be able to help. They are open 10-4pm on the working days over the holiday: http://www.royalfree.nhs.uk/default.aspx?top_nav_id=1&sel_left_nav=30&tab_id=13. If you cut and paste this link it will take you to the right area of our website. Just in case, our PALS team is on 020 7472 6446 / 6447; (020 7472 6445 - 24 hour answer phone) or you can visit them on the ground floor of the Royal Free Hospital.