"For my son"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

Where to begin?!? My son had a sore throat bad enough to have to stay in!, one night he began to to get extremely ill, the night doctor and nurse told me and prepared him to have a IV drip. Only he was asleep and they didn't want to wake him up doing it, so they agreed to wait until the morning, when I met a new doctor, he told me that my son was absolutely fine and that he was going home that same day! How when the night doctor said he was very I'll did he get it In his mind that he was fine to go home, without even checking him over!? So that day we went home only to go back in with him being sick with another extremely high temp!! Also have to add how extremely dirty the A&E department is! People will deff ineptly catch something by just walking into that room!! Not happy and if it takes extra time to travel to another hospital I recommend you do so!!!

Thank you for providing us with feedback and I am sorry that this was your experience. I will share your feedback with the matron responsible for children's services. If you would like to contact me by email I will ensure that we investigate your concerns so that the doctors involved are able to learn from your experience. My email address is Julie.pearce1@nhs.net

I apologise that the A&E department did not meet our standards of cleanliness, I will raise this with the matron and our cleaning contractor? The A&E department has been very busy, it sounds as if we have not increased the cleaning frequency sufficiently. Thank you for letting me know.

I hope your son is now recovering and you all have a very happy Christmas.