"A terrible place in my opinion"

About: Rampton Hospital

I'm a patient in Rampton Hospital which in my opinion is a terrible place. It's supposed to be a hospital but I feel it is ran worse than a prison.

Patients have a fragility of mind but are put under daily duress, locked in their rooms and are seemingly mistreated and forgotten about. Also we are not given access to fresh air and many of us have a vitamin D deficiency.

In my opinion it's about time that the institutions were finally closed down and people sent to prisons where they will have their rights given.

Response from Annett Magore, Senior Nurse/Modern Matron , Men's Personality Disorder and National High Secure Women's Services Directorate Rampton Hospital, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I am sorry to hear that you have had this experience at Rampton Hospital. iHowever as a Modern Matron for the National Women's Services and Men's Personality Disorder, I would like to reassure you that we take steps to ensure that patients feel valued and receive recovery focused nursing care. this includes patient involvement and feedback in adapting the admission process, planning meaningful daily activities and creating a ward environment that promotes a safe therapeutic atmosphere. This has resulted in positive outcomes whereby patients who are deemed to be of a high risk to the public to move from high secure services and continue their treatment in least restrictive areas.