"GP was warm and friendly, listened and took the time to ask about my previous illnesses"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

Have recently had an appointment at the Advanced Primary Care Services, Wrekin Community Clinic, regarding osteo-arthritis in my left thumb.

Dr Warburton has referred me to Mr Moreau, consultant orthopeadic surgeon at PRH, who performaed a trapezectomy on my right thumb 3 years ago, which was very successful.

I found Dr Warburrton a warm and friendly doctor who listened and took the time to ask about my previous illnesses.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for providing such positive feedback regarding your recent referral to see Dr Warburton at APCS.

It is reassuring to note that you were given the time to explain your problem and that you were listened to; as a result of which Dr Warburton obviously felt it was more beneficial for you to be seen by a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon. I am assuming that all the necessary arrangements have been made for your future treatment path and I wish you well for the future.