"I am so grateful for all the help I have been given"

About: Bridgnorth Hospital / Minor injury unit New Cross Hospital / Gynaecology

I had been trying to have sex with my boyfriend for about a year but it was simply too painful and I often had a nasty infection a few days after, either cystitis or thrush. Tampons were also impossible to use and I was constantly on and off antibiotics. I went to see my GP and he referred me to a gynaecologist from Bridgnorth.

When I arrived for examination the staff were so friendly and I didn't feel uncomfortable like I thought I would. Because the examination was so painful, I actually passed out afterwards. The nurse made sure I was completely fine before I left and there was no rush. It was diagnosed that I needed a hymanectomy and fentons procedure in order to widen my vaginal opening.

I had my pre op a few months after at New Cross. All the nurses I saw were very friendly and particularly helpful as I am needlephobic. When I went in for my surgery at New Cross, I was very well looked after. All the medical staff were kind, helpful and accomodated for the fact that I was a little bit nervous.

I had a hymenectomy, fentons procedurer and some vaginal swabs were taken. The surgery went smoothly and I am on the road to recovery. I am so grateful for all the help I have been given.

Response from Jamie Emery, Patient Experience Lead, The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Dozer291

Thank you for posting your comments relating to your patient experience at New Cross Hospital. I will share your comments with our staff on the Gynaecology Ward.

I wish you well for the future!

Kindest regards