"appaling and uneducated"

About: West Middlesex University Hospital

I was suffering from the pelvic pain for 4 weeks. The first time I attended the a &e department I was told that it was probably the cysts in my left ovary (as I used to suffer from reoccurring ovarian cysts) and was given paracetamol..no one bothered to check if this was correct!!.I then had a usg scan which contradicted the doctors' opinion at.A&E. It turned out I had the hydrosalpinc and endometriosis, liquid outside of the ovarian tube as well! Of course I had to pay to have the scan carried out as the waiting time for the.usg at middlesex is shockingly appaling! Unfortunately my condition worsened and I had to attend A&E again .this time I was examined on the hospital bed by a gynaecologist who prescribed me the antibiotics for chlamydia and gonorrhea. I found it very humiliating! ! She disagreed with the usg scan carried out by the private doctor that there was no liquid outside of the ovarian tube. I was sent home and told to wait for the gyna appointment. As I started feeling worse, I was forced.to seek private care to ensure my health is in safe habds. I am now awaiting a very serious operation and due to the negligence of staff at a&E I have been exposed to stress and deterioration of my condition. The staff knew about my previous problems with the polycystic ovary and the operation I had to undertake 10 years ago. I will never forget how much stress and disappointment this hospital has caused me and my family. I was not taken good care of even though I pay.taxes every month and deserve the proper nhs care which I was not given! I am going to complain to ensure this does not happen again to anyone else. People beware!

Response from West Middlesex University Hospital

We are very sorry to hear about your recent experiences at our hospital and your feedback has been passed on to the relevant departments. We understand that you have not submitted a formal complaint to us; in order for us to investigate this formally, we would please ask that you contant the hospital Patient Advice and Liaison Service so that we can give you a detailed response directly. The contact details for PALS are pals.service@wmuh.nhs.uk / 020 8321 6261.