"Ophthalmology department"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I would like to make other patients aware of my unfortunate experience I had as a patient at this hospital. The doctors attempting to treat my condition are incompetent, on two occasions completely misdiagnosed my condition. Once diagnosed I was given no indication whatsoever as to what treatment i would receive. The appointment booking systems is shocking...4 times in the space of a month was my appointment cancelled. When i finally attended my appointment i was asked why i had come to the hospital. When phoning up to complain about the service one member of staff put the phone down on me. I will be making a formal complaint to the appropriate governing bodies regarding my experience. 0 stars from me!

Dear Mr. McIntyre-Ure - I am so sorry to read about your experience; your disappointment is evident. I note you have said you will be submitting a formal complaint and we will of course do all we can to respond to this; in the meantime I am also concerned that from your account you have still not had the treatment you were expecting. I have passed this onto the team and asked them to investigate; if you would like to contact me directly at: jennie.negus@ulh.nhs.uk I will help in any way that I can and would be able to feedback to you personally. Once again I am very sorry but hope we can resolve these issues for you.

Response from Lincoln County Hospital