"Visit to Emergency Dept. Tea Time Tuesday 17th..."

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

My wife had been having severe headaches during the day and was having trouble with words and formulating sentences. On arrival at the hospital we were booked in and after sitting in the waiting room for only a matter of minutes was called to the triage nurse who was very compassionate and caring asking my wife and I questions concerning her symptoms. The nurse explained that she wished to speak to the sister and explained that she would be only a few minutes. The nurse returned and immediately my wife was transferred to a bed and was visited by a member of the stroke team who explained that they wanted to carry out a CT scan. This was completed withing 10 minutes and my wife was seen by a senior doctor and was reassured that it was not a stroke but severe migraine. All the staff were very efficient and very caring in the way my wife was dealt with. Thank You.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for making this very positive comment which I have shared with the ED team

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams who were pleased to hear that you had a good experience at our hospital.

Patient and Customer Services Manager